Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Brother

I loved him very much, even though he could irritate the life out of me on occasions. I still love him wildly and I miss him terribly.

I lost him when I was 24. He was 19 and died in a car crash, only a few days before Christmas in 1974.

Life was never to be the same for our family. We never quite recovered. This tragic event showed many things, one of them being that there may be no greater trauma than for a parent to lose his or her child.

My brother was a musician. He played the guitar in a band who had just started recording their first album. He had just finished his A levels and was having a year off to tour with his band, get some experience and make some money before he started at the Royal College of Music.

My mate. I miss you. There's so incredibly much I would have liked to talk to you about and discuss with you.

We couldn't go skiing anymore as we used to because I have ruined my knee. But we could still go swimming in the summer. Go for a ride in the car, too - any season. And laugh and joke, like we used to. And we could listen to music, lots of music...

I miss you indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

im sorry for your lost

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home